If damage to your home is covered by your policy, and you have to leave it during repairs, where would you stay? Would the cost of a hotel or temporary apartment fit into your budget? Loss of use coverage can help. If your home is damaged by a covered loss, loss of use coverage can help pay for your additional housing and living expenses while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.

What is Loss of Use Coverage?

Loss of use coverage, also known as additional living expenses (ALE) insurance, or coverage D, can pay for the additional costs you incur for reasonable housing and living expenses if a covered event makes your house temporarily uninhabitable while it’s being repaired or rebuilt.

How Much Loss of Use Coverage Do I Need?

Everyone’s insurance needs are different. Loss of use coverage is commonly based on your dwelling coverage. Is this enough to cover any necessary increase in living expenses if your residence is not fit to live in while damage is being repaired or replaced?  Ask us about your individual policy to understand the amount of Loss of Use coverage you have.

Types Of Homeowners Insurances





Related Products & Solutions